Monday, February 8, 2010

First School Assignment

Relationships
Teachers
Other students
Gossip
Music
Elevators
Lunch
Attention spans
Respect
Conduct
Grading
Favorites
Digitization
Fashion
Popularity
Friendships
Personalities/Roles/Characters
Socializing
Academics

What amazes me the most about attending school at SOF is the elevators. Why is everyone always in a rush to get on the elevators? Where are they going that they need to be at so urgently? Its definitely not class. I always wonder why people are in such a need to get to class early or on time when they don't even pay attention in the class. Many people fall asleep or are arguing with other students or the teacher because they think its cool. But there is also the socializing that I hadn't taken into account. Many people usually go upstairs early just so they could socialize in the crowded hallways and then enter class late purposely. That's so STUPID.

Speaking of being stupid, students that actually go to class, don't even keep a long enough attention span to fully understand the work being taught. I'm not saying that I am a perfect student myself I'm just saying that this is what happens to the vast majority of high school students. When students are unable to focus in class, they begin distracting others who do try to learn. They start to make noises and just acting stupid for their own entertainment because they need to over compensate for their lack of attention. Many humans enjoy watching other people in frustration. It is often humorous to others when someone is getting bullied or had an accident or any other misfortune that overcomes them.

Don't even get me started on people thinking that being dumb is cool. It bothers me a lot when people put on a dumb personality because they think its cool to seem illiterate. Many people are afraid to look smart because they are scared of being labeled as "nerd" or "geek" or any other demeaning terms that suggests that a person is smart. Personally I enjoy being smart whenever I can. I like stating my views and if it's going to be something smart that comes out of my mouth then guess what people can call me a nerd or a loser or whatever they like all they want. If that is how I am viewed in people's eyes then it's nice to know I am smart.

Whats worse than acting dumb is boasting when you receive a low grade on any schoolwork. Students that make their failures public are pathetic. Do not be proud of a low or failing score. Keep it to yourself and just work hard to get a better grade the next time around. Sure, people mess up all the time but when you mess up, don't complain and whine about it while not doing anything to fix it. I'm not going to lie here, I was definitely one of those people who didn't really give a rat's ass when I wasn't doing well in school and all I did was complain and whine to Felix and my friends. I would say something along the lines of "omg I have so much work to do" and just sit my ass on the couch and not do anything about it. This wasn't too long ago but when reality actually sets in and I see how badly I messed up, the games are over, playtime is to resume when I get on top of my school work and have a better handle on my time management.

No comments:

Post a Comment