Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Video Homework

I felt like a dork watching my own video. I found it weird to watch myself doing all that stuff because it felt so fake. It felt like an artificial life for 5 minutes. I didn’t feel like I was really doing any of the digital stuff portrayed in my video because I was so focused on recording what I was doing. I felt like I was just doing everything to get it on video I really don’t think I act like that in actuality. Like right this second as I am using the computer to do my homework, it is the only digital thing I am using. The only other thing I am doing while doing my homework is eating cookies and drinking milk. Everything is available to me on my computer, music, videos, friends, entertainment; I don’t need to be using my other digital equipment right now. What also went across my mind was the fact that it was waaaaaay easier for me to make the video than it was for me to upload it. What’s funny is that our unit is about technology in people’s lives and how everyone is addicted to it and all but we’re into the surface tech. Some may know what goes on inside our electronics and yea it’s something fairly interesting to know but I for one am very un-tech-savvy. I am horrible with computers; I have had three computers and two laptops since I started high school ß that is a VERY bad ratio of me to computers.

The digital world is the digital world. It is how it is. Whatever it may be, if it involves a screen that entertains you, it is a part of the digital world and you are immersed in it. As for ideas such as the Wii, I feel that creators do understand that people are spending way too much time within the digital world. I see them as people trying to break the barrier between the digital world and reality. The Wii is a video game but unlike others it renders a feeling of satisfaction in the participant because it caused them to be more active than they would be playing a regular non physical video game. I still feel that going outside to do sports and have fun with friends is much healthier than get your exercise from bright screen of changing colors. Game makers are getting closer to breaking the barrier but the “work out” provided by Wii games will never compare to that of real exercise where one can work their muscles to the fullest extent.


VIDEO TO COME SOON, CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING MAJOR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. I SWEAR COMPUTERS ARE MY WORST ENEMIES.

No comments:

Post a Comment