Sunday, September 13, 2009

oldschool

This has no relation to our new subject but i wanted to tell you what happened with my sister in laws birth. She said she had an amazing doctor that was always there for her. Sure he was in and out but he was always in checking on her on a regular basis and was there for her birth 2 in the morning. When she had the epidural, her contractions started slowing down so he slowed down the epidural and sped up the pitossin. What amazed me was that he had shut the epidural off before she actually started pushing. She gave birth all on her own with no medications or anything, the whole time she thought she still had the epidural. I guess in the end it has to do with the mentality of the mother. I lost my train of thought, you can just ask me in person any further questions.

I was told that the doctor let my sister in law do whatever she wanted to be comfortable. She had her own positions and everything. He also let my brother do a lot of the work in the room. Whatever the doctor was suppose to do, he told my brother how to do it and if he felt he could or wanted to do it, he did it. My brother really liked on activity in particular, he helped insert a balloon into my sister in law's cervix and they filled it with water to try and expand her cervix more.

No comments:

Post a Comment